Welcome to the Therapy Services Department of Wellington Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, the largest and most experienced team of therapy experts in the Tri-state area. Count on Wellington Therapy Services for the most advanced equipment, state-of-the-art facilities and expert, individualized care to help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain and limit permanent disabilities from injury or disease. Our comprehensive therapy includes a heavy emphasis on:
- Supervised, hands-on, care by a trained rehab professional
- Manual therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Functional rehabilitation
- Patient and family education
Wellington’s therapy team includes Licensed Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists, Certified Hand Therapists, Certified Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapist Assistants with an unmatched depth of expertise. Their skilled, hands-on care includes evaluation and treatment of a wide range of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular impairments. Wellington Therapy clinicians have completed advanced training to offer specialized care in a full line of rehabilitation services to include:
Post-Operative Rehabilitation programs for:
- Post-op rotator cuff procedures
- Post-op SLAP repair and labral procedures
- Post-op shoulder replacement
- Post-op ACL reconstruction
- Post-op meniscus procedures
- Post-op cartilage procedures
Orthopedic and Sports Rehabilitation programs for:
- Achilles tendinitis/calf strain
- Patellar tendinitis/knee pain
- Osgood Schlatter’s disease
- Trochanteric Bursitis/Hip pain
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Shoulder impingement/shoulder pain
- Golfer’s elbow/tennis elbow/elbow pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Rehabilitation for patients with conditions affecting the hand, wrist and elbow. The nature of hand injury requires a provider with a high degree of specialization that requires extensive continuing education and often, advanced certification. Go to our Hand Therapy page under the Specialized Programs tab to learn more about Wellington’s Hand Therapy Program and staff.
Customized spine rehabilitation programs based on a comprehensive evaluation. Typical programs include body mechanics training, postural awareness training, extremity mobility and trunk stability as well as heavy doses of hands-on, manual techniques. Wellington Therapy Services has multiple clinicians at various offices working toward advanced Certification in Manual Therapy specific to spinal conditions and rehabilitation.
Work Injury rehabilitation and post-rehabilitation programs
Rehabilitation for injured workers geared toward maximizing function and returning injured workers to work effectively and efficiently. In particular, Wellington Therapy is able to provide rehabilitation, active therapy and work conditioning for the injured worker.
Total Joint replacement rehabilitation
Cutting edge rehabilitation programs for pre and post-op joint replacement patients. Programs specific to the most up-to-date surgical approaches for knee and hip replacement: “young” total joint replacement patients, patients with high function/high flexion joint replacements, patients with full and partial knee replacement, patients undergoing “minimally invasive” techniques and patients undergoing various approaches to hip replacement.
Pilates based rehabilitation and post-rehab programs
Rehabilitation that includes methods for educating patients in separating movement between the extremities and trunk (“the core”) while also emphasizing trunk (“core”) stability. This type of rehabilitation requires rehab specialists with advanced training in verbal and tactile cueing for proper education in joint movement.
Sports-specific rehabilitation and post-rehab programs
Following a thorough evaluation of your condition and your individual goals, our clinicians are trained to incorporate the fundamentals, positions and mechanics of various sports into your rehabilitation plan of care. Once your rehabilitation goals have been achieved, we also offer a variety of programs to continue your training with an emphasis on sports-performance enhancement.
Wellington Therapy Services appreciates the opportunity to serve your rehabilitation needs and looks forward to seeing you and your family.
Wellington Therapy Services management Team,
Scott Daniels, PT
- Scott Daniels is the Director of Therapy Services for Wellington Orthopedic and Sports Medicine. Scott is a licensed Physical Therapist and a 1994 graduate of the physical therapy program at West Virginia University. Since graduation he has practiced in orthopaedic and sports physical therapy settings. In addition, Scott has extensive experience in providing continuing education for rehabilitation specialists in the areas of shoulder, knee and spine rehabilitation.
- As Director of Therapy Services for Wellington, Scott is responsible for day-to-day operations of 6 therapy sites with staff of 6-25 clinicians averaging over 1000 patient visits per month per site. These operations include staffing of Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Massage Therapists. In addition, Scott is responsible for staff development in the areas of quality development, quality assurance, and patient satisfaction.
- Scott has been in the Greater Cincinnati area since 1996. He now lives in Lawrenceburg, Indiana with his wife and three children. He enjoys being involved in the local community as President of the Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization and President of the Hidden Valley Lake Athletic Club that provides and coordinates youth sports around the community. His passion is for coaching youth sports.
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Member, Orthopedic Section of American Physical Therapy Association
- Member, Sports Section of American Physical Therapy Association
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Mount St. Joseph, Department of Health Sciences, Physical Therapy Program
- Consultant Physical Therapist, Colerain High School
- Presenter, Wellington Research and Education Foundation, Current Concepts in Spinal Rehabilitation (8 hour didactic course) (?link to ENR for upcoming courses)
- Presenter, Wellington Research and Education Foundation, Current Rehabilitation for the Clinically Complex Shoulder (8 hour didactic course)
- President, Bright Elementary Parent Teacher Organization, Lawrenceburg, IN
- President, Hidden Valley Lake Athletic Club, Lawrenceburg, IN
- Member, Sunman Dearborn School Corporation Leadership Council
- BS, Physical Therapy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.V., 1994
Chris Giordullo ATC, Med
- Chris Giordullo is the Director of the Physical Therapy Education and Research Foundation and the Assistant Director of Therapy Services. Chris has served in the Air Force National Guard. He provides lectures to area University Athletic Training Programs about shoulder rehabilitation in the overhead athlete. He is also involved in the community as youth baseball coach.
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Doyle Baseball Coaches Certification
- BS Education/Athletic Training, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1989
- Masters in Education, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1992
Marc Brewer, MPT
- Marc Brewer is a 1999 graduate of the College of Mount Saint Joseph physical therapy program. Since graduation he has practiced outpatient orthopedic and sports medicine therapy. Currently, he is the Assistant Director of Therapy for Wellington Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine. He has been involved in continuing education throughout his career. He has presented on topics related to rehabilitation of the shoulder, knee, and spine.
- As Assistant Director of Therapy Services for Wellington, Marc is responsible for day-to-day operations of 2 therapy sites and the Hand Therapy Program. These operations include staffing of Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, and Occupational Therapist Assistants. In addition, Marc is responsible for staff development in the areas of providing quality evidence based care, quality development, quality assurance, and patient satisfaction.
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- B.S. Rehab Sciences, College of Mt. St Joseph, Cincinnati, OH,1998
Masters in Physical Therapy, College of Mt. St. Joseph, Cincinnati, OH, 1999
Adam Holleran, MPT
- Adam Holleran received his Masters in Physical Therapy from the University of Cincinnati in 2006. He has been with Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine since that time and in 2008 became manager of the Blue Ash Therapy office. In 2011, Adam assumed the role of Assistant Director of Therapy Services based out of the Anderson office. Adam has been an integral part of the Quality and Development committee during his time with Wellington ensuring that Wellington therapy services remains current with the trends within the profession through evidence based practice.
- Adam also serves as the Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) for the Physical Therapy department. Through this role he ensures that Wellington remains one of the foremost providers in clinical education among local DPT programs, University of Cincinnati and Mount Saint Joseph. He has also been certified by the American Physical Therapy Association as an Advanced Clinical Instructor and utilizes the relationships he builds with the students and universities to keep a pulse on the newest developments in the physical therapy world.
- APTA Advanced Certified Clinical Instructor
- Currently working toward Manual certification and becoming a certified Orthopedic Specialist
- BS, Geography, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OH, 2004
- Masters in Physical Therapy, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OH, 2006