George T. Shybut, M.D.
Dr. George T. Shybut M.D. was born in Pueblo, Colorado, where he developed a love for the outdoors and the Rocky Mountains. He completed his undergraduate education at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa graduating Phi Beta Kappa and with honors in Chemistry. He completed his medical education at the University of Chicago and remained there for his residency. He completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Biomechanics at Harvard University where he treated athletic injuries and served as a physician to the Boston Ballet. He entered the academic practice of Orthopedic Surgery at Northwestern University where he served as the orthopedic consultant to the Chicago Marathon, the USFL Chicago Blitz professional football team and the Performing Arts Clinic. He moved to Cincinnati, Ohio in 1990 and entered the private practice of Orthopedic Surgery. He has served as the Chief of Staff at Mercy Hospital Clermont, on the Board of Trustees for Mercy Health Partners, and as the Chair of the Physicians Council of Mercy Health Partners.
He is currently a team physician to United States Figure Skating where he served as the chair of the Sports Medicine and Science Committee for four years. He is currently the President of the Performing Arts Medical Association and the Chair of the By-Laws Committee of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery. He resides in Anderson Township with his wife Rebecca and has four children. He was recently named to Who’s Who in America.
- University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago
- Grinnell College, Grinnell Iowa
- Harvard University
Sports Medicine and Clinical Biomechanics
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Dr. John McGinty
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- President Performing Arts Medical Association
- Member Ohio State Orthopedic Association
- Member Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
- AO Trauma Society
- Clermont County Medical Society
- Member American Academy of Sports Medicine
- US Figure Skating Team Physician
- Former Chair US Weightlifting Sports Medicine Committee
After Hours Clinic: